The panel allows users to capture external applications into Desktop Sidebar. It can have lots of application specific problems.
Version 4.1, Released April 29th, 2005, New Features:
- Added translation support. Anyone who wants to translate this panel - you're welcome.
- Wait Forever not remembered bug fixed.
- Fixed the redraw issue where the window will disappear after autohide until mouse-over.
- When Release Capture is not relevant it will be disabled.
Version 4, Released March 10th, 2005, New Features:
- Release Capture / Recapture added to the right click context menu.
- Ability to start searching for the window again when its process is terminated.
- Ability to center the captured window in the panel.
- Ability to suppress the notification when the window to capture is not found by the panel.
NEW FEATURES for v3:
- Capture engine much improved, no more crashing and hanging of DS.
- New panel icon.
- Option to run file only if it's not already running.
- DSPACKAGE installation file.
NEW FEATURES for v2:
- Option to auto-size the captured window to the size of the panel.
- Option to release capture / recapture the window.
- Option to not close the captured application on exit.
- Some bugs were fixed.
The plugin requires that you have build 68 and up.
Some ideas for capturing:
- Notepad (only the text area, not the whole window)
Open the DSPACKAGE file while Desktop Sidebar is running.